Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Year at the Harris Household


Happy New Year! Things have settled down from the holidays, and I finally have a chance to update our blog. We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year and I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us in 2009.
Rob started his new job with Verizon a couple of weeks ago. He really is enjoying it besides the fact that 12 hour days have him exhausted by the end of the day. He won't always be working 12 hour days, but while he is training he works open to close. It's actually a blessing because we really needed the extra money although Jaxon and I really miss him.

I am learning how to balance many hats these days. In addition to being a mommy and photographer, I also started studying to be a personal trainer as well as look for a part time job. I am going through NASM for my training and have started the workout routine to get back in shape last week. I am planning on cleaning houses on the side one day a week as well as 2 afternoons until I am certified to do the personal training. The goal is that I can stay home with Jaxon as much as possible. When I start doing the PT, he can come with me to the gym and I can be with him as well as make some extra income. Until then, Rob will be able to watch Jaxon one day and my parents the other times. Because of all of this, I have become very good friends with my day planner. Making sure I schedule and balance everything is crucial. Even down to making time for dates with the hubby, family time, fellowship with others, etc...it is a little overwhelming trying to juggle it all. I hate the thought of leaving Jaxon for even an hour, but I know in the long run, this will allow me to be with him more. I keep telling myself it is only a few hours a week!

Our little man is now 3 1/2 months old and he is doing amazing! He is almost rolling over from back to front now, and is batting at and grabbing onto his toys. He loves to practice sitting up and has a smile ready for everyone! Every moment with him is a blessing and I want to just hold on to him forever. He is growing so fast!
Well, off to feed the little guy again! Hope this New Year brings blessings to you all.


Love,
Rob + Kristin +Jaxon Harris

2 comments:

Our growing family said...

so stinki' adorable!!
hope you have a wonderful year too!

Emily said...

You are amazing! What a juggler, i'm so excited for all the stuff thats going on with you and your gorgeous family. Congratz and I'm proud of you and all your aspirations.
Emily