Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Darth Vader Visits Children's Hospital!

Our little Jaxon unfortunately caught his Mommy's sickness and decided he would turn it into something more fun. The last couple of days his little raspy self sounds more like a seal when he coughs and Darth Vader when he breathes. Last night he worried me some because it seemed he was having such a hard time breathing. He has been very irritated at the fact that he cannot suck on his binky when his nose is all stuffed up at night as well. During the day he is still a little peach although his appetite isn't the same and he is a bit more of a Mamma's boy than normal, (not that I mind that!) But last night, he was NOT himself.

This morning I woke up to Darth Vader breathing very loud in the monitor and I figured I should take him into the pediatrician...just to make sure he didn't have the swine flu and all. (Yes, I'm kidding.) Actually I was just concerned it would turn into bronchitis or something like that. I also figured that since we had his appointment today at Children's, we should find out what he had before the other children there caught on and decided to be Darth Vader too. =)

Thankfully, it is just croup and nothing more. Well, not really thankful he has croup either, but thankful it wasn't worse.

Anyway, the appointment at Children's went very well. I could write all the details out, but I am very tired tonight (as I am sure you are too after reading all this) so I will make it short. After poking, prodding, oooing and awwwwing over our little guy, asking a bazillion questions and deliberating...the neurologists decided Darth Vader, aka Jaxon, seems perfectly normal and didn't see why they should look any further. The elevated CK levels I described in my previous post happens because in the first several months of birth, the are high anyway. Usually they taper off to a "normal" level shortly after 3 months. It is not too abnormal for it to climb down slowly which could be the case with Jaxon. To be safe, they took another blood test to see where it lies now. If it is normal, we will drop this issue. If it is elevated any more than it was, we will go from there. We will hear the results of the test hopefully tomorrow. We are praying all is "normal".

Can I just say that for being sick...my son did AMAZING through it all. He hammed it up for the nurses and dr's and was very chatty for having very little sleep over the last 48 hours. He cooperated with all the tests and even when his blood was taken, he cried maybe 20 seconds. This kid is a trooper!

Thanks for all your prayers! We are continuing to pray the results of the CK test are better and will update you on that when the results are in!

1 comment:

Our growing family said...

YEA!!! Praise the Lord!
I hope you get some rest and JAX feels better soon!=)