Monday, July 6, 2009

Deep and Wide

I wonder where these little hands and feet will take him?


A few weeks ago, Rob and I dedicated little J-Man to Jesus. It's a heavy responsibility to think about raising this little life to follow God. Ultimately, we will do the best we can with God's help, and from there Jaxon will make his choices. We can only hope and pray these little hands and feet will follow his Creator and lead him to be loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, & self-controlled.

I have no idea what Jaxon will want to be when he grows up, what struggles he may face, or what paths he may take. However, no matter where these little hands and feet may go, there is one thing I always want him to know without any hesitation; and that is how wide and how deeply he is loved by God. Lately we've been praying this verse for Jaxon:

Ephesians 3:17-19: "...and I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. "

Out of all the questions he may have about life, I pray that he will KNOW without any hesitation who he belongs to and how much His Heavenly Father loves him.

I'm so thankful we have aren't alone in raising Jaxon and the responsibility isn't ours to bear alone. Of course we will make mistakes, but I feel comforted knowing God is walking right there beside us. He is working in us, through us, and despite us! How awesome is that?=)

2 comments:

Our growing family said...

love this!
I think it has been longer and longer with each child until we dedicate them! I keep forgetting! We need to do Auston's dedication soon! =)
Thanks for the reminder!

Unknown said...

Beautiful post, thank you!