Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy 1 Year Birthday Owen!!!

One year ago yesterday, as I sat at my little cubical at Northshore, I got a text message that read, "Adelle is being admitted to the hospital." Needless to say I was brimming with excitement and sporting a smile across my face.

One year ago yesterday I sat in my brother and sister-in-law's room, (very pregnant myself mind you), chattering away on whether we thought it would be a boy or girl, and guessing how much the baby would weigh. I went to bed that night with my phone right next to me, anticipating this little one's arrival.

One year ago TODAY, I woke up to no phone call. I went to work with my phone in my pocket and paced back and forth. I wanted to be there at the hospital so badly, but I couldn't take the time off. I anxiously checked my phone 500 times and probably didn't get one stitch of work done.

One year ago TODAY, at 9:31 am I got the call that Owen William Grant was born. And one year ago TODAY...I cried with excitement! I had a new baby nephew! A friend to my son who was kicking away in my tummy!


One year ago TODAY, I held that precious little red-head in my arms and cuddled him so tight. I'm pretty sure he felt his cousin kick him too! Such a precious little baby and looked just like a mini-version of my brother. I loved him.

And I love him still...I mean how could you not love this little guy???

One year later, Owen is just as sweet as the first day I held him. With strawberry blonde hair and a smile that would melt anyone's heart, Owen is full of life! Lover of doggies, best buddy to my little Jaxon, busy little guy on the go...we are so blessed to have this little guy in our lives.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OWEN! WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: