Monday, January 25, 2010

It's the Little Things

Today I focused on the little things...

sleeping in until 7:30 (trust me, this is a good thing).

chubby, dimpled hands giving me big hugs around the neck and patting me on the back.

getting home from a workout and hearing a little raspy voice say, "Oh, there's Mamma!"

iced green tea (even on a cold day).

Coldplay & John Mayer playing on Pandora in the background.

the sun briefly making an appearance.

getting 20 minutes in to read a book just for fun.

sky-high faux hawk bouncing around the house....pushing the cats out of the way to make sure he has the bubbles all to himself. =)

talking to dear friends on the phone who love me and encourage me.

3 people scheduling photoshoots.

enjoying books with Jaxon at the library and the thrill of watching his little face light up when he sees the fish tank.

a phone call from my husband checking to see how I'm doing.

rocking a cuddly boy in dinosaur pajamas to sleep...watching his little chest rise and fall rythmically...baby blues with long eyelashes setting off to dreamland. singing to him, praying for him.


It's the little things I choose to focus on today.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love this post Kristin, You are so special.
Em