Sunday, April 5, 2009

Business, Busyness & Balance.

Things have been awfully busy around here...and busy is an understatement. It seems like the list of things to do and events to attend keep stacking up and I'm still trying to learn how to balance it all! I haven't had a chance to blog much, and I don't really have the time now, but I wanted to give a quick update.

Last week after much prayer and deliberation, I took a part time job. We were still pretty tight on finances, and although I make extra money with photography...it is never a guaranteed amount. (Funny that the shoots are stacking up now AFTER I took the job, but I digress. ) So for about 10-15 hours a week, I am going to be cleaning houses with a Christian company. The company is awesome and pays amazingly well...plus they are flexible. Thankfully, we worked it out that the little guy will stay with Daddy and Grandma and Grandpa for those hours so we don't have to put him in childcare or pay for childcare for that matter. We have been going back and forth on what to do for weeks now, and this job couldn't have come about more perfectly. With this job and the photography business...we should come along nicely.
I am really starting to see this as a ministry opportunity to be able to plant seeds while I am working for clients...both for the cleaning job and my photography! I am blessed that these can be a mission field for me.
Nevertheless, I am nervous about leaving the little guy...even if it is with family and for only a short time. I can't really explain the feeling...but I'm sure if you have children, you could relate.
It weighs very heavy on my heart and I hate being away from him...
I mean how could you not miss this little face?:

Or this one?:

And what if I miss taking a really cute pic of him like this one?:

Or this one?

Eventually the goal is that by fall I will have my certification for teaching aerobics and therefore can take him along with me. But for now this is where God has us, and I am thankful for the bonding he will get with his Daddy and his Grandparents.

This week was busy with photoshoots, baby showers, cleaning houses, visiting friends, appointments, etc. My husband and I are having to really map out a plan to balance all areas. Because honestly...it is feeling kind of crazy...ok A LOT crazy! Time with God, time with eachother, time with the baby, time for family and friends, time for church, time for work, time for cleaning the house, doing laundry, nurturing a child, appointments, getting a business off the ground, time for working out, time for the band, time for REST...oh wait does that even exist? There are probably another 10 important areas to add to the list, but I am overwhelmed at the thought of more. Yet, balance is such a huge thing and very necessary. I tend to be black and white and all or nothing, so balance is a challenge for me. Please be praying for us as we navigate how best to balance our lives and that God will be FIRST! We must not lose sight of that! He is the glue that holds us together. =) Thank you for all your prayers and support!

____________________________

Coming soon:

A special blog for our little 6 month old boy...Rob and I are writing up something special for his baby book, and I plan on posting it!

Also, it has been heavy on my heart that I share my testimony. Some of it I'm sure some of you know, but a lot of it is recent too, and many of you may NOT know. Anyway, I feel like God has brought beauty from ashes in my life and I didn't go through it for nothing. I can only hope it will bless and encourage others who have gone through or who are going through trials.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I can't wait to hear yout testimony again, I know how much God has moved in you and I'm positive it will bless people.
I know what you mean about learning to balance, but I'm glad you are taking it to the Lord and I'm sure you are doing great.
I love you girl and LOVE seeing your new posts and pictures of your adorable son. Your in my prayers!
Love you!
Em